Happy New Year!
Thank you all so much for your support in 2023, with your blessings I continue on this path.
My primary focus in my art now is to tip the balance towards the good in the world: to promote love and understanding, peaceful gatherings and to speak truth to power using the platform given to me by my dear listeners. As always, it's music to strengthen and enhance our experience of life.
The wicked acts of some threaten to overcome the whole world's joy, still I feel like reflecting on some good things.
I created a brief video message about the milestones of this year, ending with a prayer, I hope you enjoy watching it and look forward to your comments and continued connection in 2024.
Here's a summary with links:
- Two concert tours: in California, USA and across India
- My first ever self-produced concerts in two of the most important cities to me: Mumbai and Delhi. Both were well attended despite having no sponsors, every single detail from sound to the stage to the design of the space handled by myself and my small team. The Delhi concert was at India Habitat Centre and all the advance passes were reserved before the day of the concert.
- Performed for the first time ever in the city of Surat, Gujarat and Phoenix Arizona, all well-attended successful concerts.
- I received my first ever award for music: the 1st annual Hariharasubramani Award for Excellence in Music from TaalMagic in Bangalore.
- I performed at one of my top "dream venues": that is the Phoenix Gharana festival in Phoenix, Arizona USA. I played pretty decently and got a lot of encouragement and support.
- Self-produced and released the first-ever album combining contemporary spoken word poetry with Hindustani ragas: Raga Poems with Gordon Korstange.
- Self-produced and released my original composition in raag Megh, Never Too Late for a Shower of Rain feat. Mir Naqibul Islam on digital platforms worldwide.
- My original track 'Jai Love' with Amit Singhal and Suraj Nirwan crossed 100k streams on streaming platforms.
- Self-produced and released 4 full-length concerts on my patronage hub for subscribers
- Started teaching online with Halcyon Global Music Institute